Startup accelerators have become established around the world as a great way to provide young companies with the investment, mentorship, and networks they need to succeed. Since the establishment of the first accelerator, YCombinator, in 2005, there are now thousands of programmes to choose from globally. This 90-minute session addresses trends in acceleration, and examines two specialised niche accelerators: The the R9 GovTech Accelerator in Wellington, New Zealand and the Arab Academy Supply Chain Accelerator in Cairo, Egypt. There will be a panel discussion at the end.
The session will run as follows:
- Introduction (5 min)
- Genevieve Edens: Startup Accelerator Trends: What the data are telling us (15 min)
- Dave Moskovitz: GovTech Acceleration: Bringing entrepreneurship into government (15 min)
- Wael El Desouki Beddah: The Arab Academy Supply Chain Accelerator (15 min)
- Sophia Muradyan: The Pan-African Accelerator Programme (15 min)
- Panel discussion with questions from the audience (20 min)
- Wrap up and close (5 min)
If you’re planning on coming to GEC, do come to our session. If not, what are you waiting for? Register now for GEC 2017!